CALL FOR ELIXIR APPLICATION TRACK – ECCB 2018
ELIXIR Application Track chair: Niklas Blomberg, ELIXIR Director
We invite submissions of abstracts to the ELIXIR Application Track at ECCB 2018. The aim of the ELIXIR Track is to showcase to the community the latest outputs and services from across the initiative. The focus of submissions should be on developments relating to services and infrastructure within ELIXIR – those relating to research are out of scope with the purpose of the initiative.
Submissions should only be made by institutes that are officially partners of ELIXIR. They should highlight services and activities that are run as part of their ELIXIR Node or which are related to the ELIXIR-EXCELERATE project.
Presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes and will be followed by a maximum of 3-minute discussions. Presenters are encouraged to demonstrate concrete services and outputs and show clearly the benefit to users of their resource or activity.
Accepted submissions will be presented in the one of the four corresponding Tracks running in parallel at the conference.
Authors of accepted submissions will be invited to publish their presentations in ELIXIR reports, the ELIXIR channel on F1000Research: http://f1000research.com/channels/elixir, with ELIXIR covering the Article Processing Charges. (However, publication in ELIXIR Reports will not be required.) The proceedings will be available online approximately one month prior to the conference opening.
ELIXIR APPLICATION TRACK: REVIEW CRITERIA
All submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance, interest, and value of the topic to conference attendees;
- Relevance to the overall themes of ECCB 2018: Data, Genome, Genes, Proteins, Systems
- Relevance to the core activities of ELIXIR.
The ultimate decision of acceptance for an ELIXIR Track lies with the Track Chair and ELIXIR Programme Committee. Accepted presenters are required to deliver the presentation themselves, and must register to attend the conference. Please register before the online registration deadline on August 19, 2018. The early bird registration deadline is set on July 29, 2018.
The authors will be notified of acceptance by 23 May 2018.
ELIXIR APPLICATION TRACK: SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Submissions must be made to the EasyChair Application Track submission site (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eccb18, first select Applications track and then on the submission page, select ‘ELIXIR’ as a topic). Submissions should include the following:
- Name/affiliation/email of presenting author and role within ELIXIR (note that the presenter cannot be changed because the identity and ability to present of that person will be an essential selection criterion).
- Names/affiliations/email of any co-authors and roles within ELIXIR (note: any name appearing on a published paper has to be added here). Note that all co-authors have to agree to the submission. It is the responsibility of the submitter to guarantee that all co-author email addresses are correct (email notifications of the submission will be sent to all co-authors).
- At least three keywords (also known as key phrases or key terms) to characterize your submission.
- Topic: choose ‘ELIXIR’
- 150-word description of the presentation for promotion on conference website and conference app. A)
- 1000-word full abstract. A)
- A graphical abstract figure, note that only PDF files are acceptable. B)
- 200-word Scientific justification on why this abstract fits into the suggested ELIXIR Application Track. A)
A) Please note there is no word count available on the EasyChair form, you can use a tool like e.g. https://wordcounter.net. Submissions that succeed the maximum number of words will not be admitted to the review procedure.
B) Please note that only PDF submissions are acceptable. It is the responsibility of the submitter to verify that the PDF is completely viewable/printable by all major operating systems (LINUX, MacOS, Windows).
For each presenting author only one submission to the ELIXIR Applications track will be considered.
ELIXIR APPLICATION TRACK: REVIEW PROCEDURE
Review of ELIXIR Application Track submissions may involve members of ELIXIR’s F1000 Editorial team: http://f1000research.com/articles/4-1471/v1. In case of an unexpected high number of proceedings submissions, the track chair, in consultation with the ELIXIR Editorial team, will decide on the balance of submissions for each ELIXIR Application Track.
ELIXIR APPLICATION TRACK: CONTACT DETAILS
All questions pertaining to the ELIXIR Application Track can be directed to: email@example.com